Fifth Generation of Computer – Features, Advantages & Disadvantages
Fifth generation computers, also known as modern computers, are still in the development stage and are based on artificial intelligence. In 1982 Japan invented FGCS (Fifth Generation Computer System).
They are more reliable and use ULSI (Ultra large scale integration) technology instead of VLSI (Very large scale integration).
This revolutionized the development of microprocessors. This enabled manufacturers to assemble approximately 10 million electronic components onto a microprocessor chip.
Computers of this generation are based on microelectronics technology with high computing power and parallel processing.
It is the most recent and technologically advanced computer generation. Modern High-Level Languages like Python, R, C#, C, C++, Java, .Net, etc. are used as programming languages.
Parallel processing hardware and artificial intelligence software are used in computers. Furthermore, fifth-generation computers use multi-threaded and distributed operating systems, which help in easier multitasking.
These computers are state-of-the-art in modern scientific calculations and are being used to develop Artificial intelligence (AI) software.
The coming time is of artificial intelligence, you must have heard the name of Google Assistant, it is also an artificial intelligence. Similarly, Sofia, Siri, these are also artificial intelligence, which are being developed even more with time.
Artificial intelligence (AI) is a popular field of computer science which mainly helps in making computers more realistic. It enables computers to think like humans; however, it is still in the development stage and still needs a lot of improvement.
The main goal of the fifth generation is to create machines that can learn and organize themselves. Artificial intelligence and parallel processing hardware are at the heart of this generation of computers
The use of AI (Artificial Intelligence), which helps make computers more powerful, is one of the primary elements of 5th generation computers. From navigation to browsing, AI applications are everywhere. It is also used for video analysis, image processing, and other tasks.
Artificial intelligence includes robotics, neural networks, etc.
Fifth generation computers use AI (Artificial Intelligence) technology, which includes systems development, gameplay, and more.
These machines are capable of interpreting human language as well as recognizing drawings and photographs thanks to AI technology. It is easy to move these computers from one place to another.
Features of Fifth Generation Computer
The fifth generation computers have the following characteristics:
1) Use of Artificial Intelligence
The main feature of 5th generation computers is that this generation computers have used the concept of AI (Artificial Intelligence), which helps in making computers more powerful. Today, from navigating to browsing, AI is being used everywhere. Apart from this, AI is also being used for video analysis, image processing and solving other problems.
2) Huge Storage Capacity
Storage devices with high storage capacity like HDD have been used which help us to store the largest files. Although SSD storage is available which is faster than HDD, fifth generation computers, therefore, have faster and larger storage capacity.
3) Evolution of Multimedia
Multimedia is a combination of audio (sound), text, graphics, animation and video which is provided to you by the computer.
4) Different sizes of computer
Different sizes of computers are available in this generation as per the requirement of the user.
5) Use of Internet
Internet is such a technology that works to connect the people of the whole world. People can search the Internet for information, add new information, and exchange views on a variety of topics.
6) ULSI (ultra large scale integration) technology has been used in this generation of computers.
7) In the fifth generation of computers, PCs can be bought at low prices.
8) They are more portable and powerful.
9) Computers are reliable and less expensive. It is easy to manufacture them.
10) Parallel processing is used in this generation of computers.
11) Fifth generation computers include user friendly interfaces and multimedia functions.
12) Due to storage devices like HDD and SSD, their storage capacity has become very high and fast.
Examples of Fifth Generation Computer
Examples of fifth generation computers are –
- PARAM 10000 etc.
Advantages of Fifth Generation Computer
The fifth generation computer has the following advantages -:
- Computers of this generation are more reliable and work faster than the previous computers. Their processing speed is very high.
- Due to the use of AI in fifth generation computers, computers have become capable of understanding human language and can also recognize pictures of persons and things.
- Fifth generation computers are very small in size and can be easily carried from one place to another.
- The speed of the fifth generation computers is much better than that of the previous generation computers. Also, they are more reliable and accurate.
- Fifth generation computers have very good user interface, which makes them easy to operate.
- Heating is not a major problem in fifth generation computers.
- Repairing these computers is very easy.
- Computers developed in the fifth generation consume much less power than their predecessor computers.
- Fifth generation computers are available at very low cost and hence they are widely used in almost every field today.
- Almost all high level programming languages are supported in fifth generation computers.
- They are portable and easy to handle.
- These computers are available in different sizes and features.
- Even though the fifth generation is still in the development stage, the computers made in this generation are more powerful and faster in speed.
- Fifth generation computers use AI (artificial intelligence) technology.
- Fifth generation computers have been developed to solve highly complex problems including working with natural language.
Disadvantages of Fifth Generation Computer
The fifth generation computer has the following Disadvantages -:
- The use of fifth generation computers is so easy that people are using them more than necessary, due to which the human mind is getting dull and wasted. Laziness is increasing in people.
- Fifth generation computers generate a small amount of heat when used extensively.
- Due to the widespread use of computers in the fifth generation, there is a lot of wastage of computers and their parts, which negatively affects the environment.
- Due to automation, accuracy and reliability, computers have replaced humans in various fields. Due to which unemployment is increasing.
- Computers are affecting human health and retarding and ruining the creativity and thinking ability of human brain.
- Computers can be a threat in many cases as different types of cyber crimes can be committed using computer systems. Which is the biggest challenge in today’s time.
- Fifth generation computers are making good use of networks and communications; However, some bad people use this technique to spread false and inappropriate information to the people.
Friends, I hope that after reading this article you will get all information about, the Fifth Generation of Computer, Advantages and Disadvantages of Fifth generation of Computer.
If you want a complete tutorial on Computer Fundamentals, then see this article Computer Fundamentals Tutorial. Here you will get all the topics of Computer Fundamentals step by step.
Friends, I hope you liked this post and If you liked this post, then do not forget to share this post with your friends so that they can also get information about the Fifth Generation of Computer.
If you still have any question or doubt related to Fifth Generation of Computer, then ask me, I will answer all your questions and you can contact us for more information